Can Citadel Broadcasting survive?

Brian Vita brian_vita@cssinc.com
Sun Mar 2 02:13:28 EST 2008

Sid Schweiger wrote:
> when they went back to using WBZ in the newscast and don't even
> include the number 4 in the logo.<<
>
> Where's the proof of a cause-and-effect relationship?  I can take any dozen statistics from anywhere and relate them to a dozen other statistics...proving absolutely nothing about one causing another.
>

> Sid Schweiger
> IT Manager, Entercom New England
> WAAF/WEEI/WEEI-FM/WKAF/WMKK/WRKO/WVEI/WVEI-FM
> 20 Guest St / 3d Floor
> Brighton MA  02135-2040
> P: 617-779-5369
> F: 617-779-5379
> E: sid@wrko.com

Actually, growing up in this area WBZ had a stronger identity than
"channel 4".  The synergy between the radio and TV sides, at least to
the public, made it work.  We took it for granted that WBZ radio news
and WBZ TV news were cut from the same material.  All of a sudden
calling it CBS4 made it sound like some corporate interloper had taken
away one of our institutions.