The clout of Bruce Bradley

Sheila McCarthy sistersheila@yahoo.com
Sat Mar 1 11:31:49 EST 2008

I moved to St. Louis about 20 years ago and was surprised to discover Bruce on the air here. I wouldn't call what he did "right-wing" talk; more like curmudgeon talk.

Since you brought up Bruce, can anyone tell me what happened to some of the other AM personalities I remember from my youth: Carl DeSouza, Dave Maynard, Larry Justice, Dave Supple, Tom Kennedy etc.?

----- Original Message ----
From: "kvahey@comcast.net" <kvahey@comcast.net>
To: (newsgroup) Boston-Radio-Interest <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>; Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 1, 2008 10:04:01 AM
Subject: The clout of Bruce Bradley

Today comes word of the death of Mike Smith the lead singer of the
Dave Clark Five.

DC5 became a huge band in the US largely because of one man - Bruce
Bradley at WBZ.

Bruce heavily played them in 64 when none of the other blowtorch
signals would as he just loved the band. Remember back then BZ jocks
were allowed a little leeway in the playlist that was unusual after
payola hit.

We tend to forget just how powerful BZ was back then. Brucie was
always proud he was #1 at night....in Baltimore.

Years later it was a shock to my nervous system to hear Bruce doing
right wing talk at KMOX in St. Louis.