The clout of Bruce Bradley

Doug Drown revdoug1@verizon.net
Sat Mar 1 11:33:56 EST 2008

>DC5 became a huge band in the US largely because of one man - Bruce Bradley
>at WBZ. Bruce heavily played them in 64 when none of the other blowtorch
signals would as he just loved the band. Remember back then BZ jocks were
allowed a little leeway in the playlist that was unusual after payola hit.

That was one of the things I liked about BZ.  There were a lot of great Top
40 stations out there (WMEX among them), but there was something about WBZ
that didn't quite fit the mold --- a little more, well, adult: a little more
sophisticated, a little more laid back.  Even now I can't quite put my
finger on it.  The freedom the DJs had was obvious, in retrospect.   -Doug