Jefferson Kay Audition Tape and Promotional Flyer

SteveOrdinetz hykker@wildblue.net
Fri Jun 27 23:57:47 EDT 2008

At 05:22 PM 6/27/2008, Kevin Vahey wrote:

>Funny thing about KB in the 60's it never did well in the city itself
>as WYSL at 1400 owned the Top 40 market and later WGR.

I had always heard the same about WPTR in Albany.  Despite their
strong (highly directional) signal that blasted into Vermont, N.H.
and Maine I've heard that in the tri-cities themselves WTRY ate their
lunch.  Of course 1540 puts no signal to the west...indeed they're
long gone by the time you get to Amsterdam on the N.Y. Thruway.
I'd guess that, like many AMs today their signal has deteriorated considerably.