Make satellite radio keep competing

Don A donald_astelle@yahoo.com
Sun Jun 22 14:37:39 EDT 2008

Since this is a Boston based list, I though this Globe op-ed peice written
by Great Media's Peter Smith, may have gone by without notice for a lot of
folks.

(I read the Globe online up here and notice that I rarely go to the section
with the 'opinions'...they usually make me sleepy.)

Make satellite radio keep competing
http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2008/06/18/make_satellite_radio_keep_competing?mode=PF

"THE FEDERAL Communications Commission should enforce its long-standing and
well-reasoned prohibition against a satellite radio monopoly that it
established in 1997 when it granted the spectrum licenses to XM and Sirius.
The policy underlying this prohibition - to provide an opportunity for a
competitive satellite service to benefit consumers - is as valid today as it
was in 1997."