digital converter box -- surprising performance

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Fri Jun 13 14:47:30 EDT 2008

<<On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 09:01:29 -0400, George Allen <gallen2@nescaum.org> said:

> So...  Either ATSC tuners have come a long way in < 2 years, or I
> bought a hot product [not a silicon tuner btw] by chance.

I have heard that ATSC tuners are a lot better now.  I recently bought
an "Insignia" (Best Buy house brand, made by LG) tuner, but haven't
gotten around to trying it out yet.  My masonry-frame condo in
Framingham is shadowed from the towers, but my old Zenith tuner was
able to pull most of the signals out most of the time using only an
indoor antenna.

-GAWollman