Sportscaster Jim McKay

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Mon Jun 9 22:41:06 EDT 2008

It was the only time I ever met him and what I remember most is how he
did not bat an eyelash when he saw the announce booth that we had at
Channel 9. The rest of the ABC production crew was horrified as they
were led to believe we were state of the art.

Munich was what he will be best remembered for and I heard him say
that his most prized possession was a telegram he got the next day
that said he was a credit to your network and our profession. It was
sent by Walter Cronkite.

Sadly ABC Sports doesn't even exist now as ESPN runs it now.