Fw: WMEX is Gone

Don A donald_astelle@yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 02:34:53 EDT 2008

>> Eventually it morphed into "Hi I'm Mitt Romney and I approve this ad".
>
> As I noted previously (in a message nobody seems to have read), this
> requirement was added by McCain-Feingold law

Well..it WAS a long bill.....

Here is the pertinent part:

"(D) Radio broadcasts.--A candidate meets the
                requirements of this subparagraph if, in the case of a
                radio broadcast, the broadcast includes a personal audio
                statement by the candidate that identifies the
                candidate, the office the candidate is seeking, and
                indicates that the candidate has approved the broadcast."