128

Paul Hopfgarten paul@derrynh.net
Tue Jun 3 22:12:27 EDT 2008

What must REALLY confuse an out-of-towner is

I-95/128 North US 1 South....Car's Compass points WEST...

It's a Dedham-Canton Vortex I tell ya....

-Paul Hopfgarten
Derry NH

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
marklaurence@mac.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 11:24 AM
To: Dan.Strassberg
Cc: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Subject: Re: 128

On Tuesday, June 03, 2008, at 10:47AM, "Dan.Strassberg"
<dan.strassberg@att.net> wrote:
>Isn't there a federal regulation that limits multiple route sineage on
>Interstate highways to Interstate route numbers? That is, I don't
>think you can have multiple route numbers on Insterstate highways
>UNLESS ALL of the routes are Interstates. So I-93 and I-95 on the same
>signpost would be OK but combining I-<anything> with Mass 128 would
>NOT be OK. Can someone please verify that or shoot me out of the
>water?

Route 128 already shares with 95 from Peabody to Canton, and Route 1 joins
in from Dedham through I-93.  So the highways themselves have mixed
designations.  But the signs are on separate signposts, and at most of the
interchanges the 128 signs are woefully inadequate.  But they could amend
the regulation or create an exemption, and if they came to their senses on
this issue, they would.

Mark