Could I get an opinion?

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Thu Jul 31 23:59:47 EDT 2008

At 11:46 PM 7/31/2008, A. Joseph Ross wrote:

>Now here's a disgusting idea:
>
>"In any case," Maariv added, "since Obama is not a Jew, publishing
>the note does not constitute an infringement on his right to
>privacy."

Shame on them.  That is NOT what the Bible says, and deep down, they
know it.  Like people of all religions who are doing something
hypocritical, they are seeking an excuse, and using their own version
of scripture to give themselves a free pass.  It's reminiscent of
when a criminal says it was his bad childhood that made him do
whatever so he can't be blamed for it.  But I return to my original
question:  in our YouTube and scandal-driven world, where gossip and
rumour can be found even in serious newspapers and on mainstream TV
newscasts, is there nothing that is just plain WRONG to broadcast or
print?  It seems there an excuse or an exception for everything...  [sigh]