Early Red Sox and Braves TV history

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Thu Jul 31 22:44:57 EDT 2008

At 10:05 PM 7/31/2008, Kevin Vahey wrote:
>OK how about we designate WBZ as the oldest surviving radio station in
>New England.  That clip makes me believe that CBS ignored the 60th
>because Channel 4
>was NBC for 46 plus years.  Now do any kinescopes exist of Victor Best?

The owner of Northeast Broadcasting School as well as your Esso
Reporter-- all I have is a scanned photo of Victor Best, if anyone
wants a copy.  But as for why WBZ ignored their 60th, I begged and
pleaded and even offered to write a tribute for free... but nobody
seemed to be interested... sigh...  (no respect for history, I
guess...)  And yes, WBZ has the oldest surviving call letters in New
England but little 1XE/WGI was the first New England station...