Early Red Sox and Braves TV history

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Thu Jul 31 21:31:14 EDT 2008

At 07:56 PM 7/31/2008, Mark Watson wrote:
>Gary Francis wrote:
>
>>It was run at the beginning of the WBZ historical >documentary run
>>in 1993 or 1998 and since then cut up and >run in pieces.
>
>  A short clip from that film was shown on WBZ TV's 45th anniversary
> special, which can be found on YouTube:

A nice job for its time, but of course, it puts forth the legend that
WBZ Radio was the first station in New England. Perhaps Medford
Hillside wasn't considered part of New England in those days...

I wonder where some of that video ended up-- the interviews with some
of the early WBZ TV staff surely have to be somewhere, wouldn't you think?