so, what is "radio" good for?

Ken VanTassell kenwvt@gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 14:14:16 EDT 2008

The new  "touch" ipods  and the iphone are all internet aware. It is
 more likely that the tornado alert will come from a text message or a
gadget pop up on one of these iphones or clones. I think that podcasts
(which I love) are just scratching the surface, they have tremendous
 upside but obviously aren't the place for news alerts . Hell I don't
 even listen to the radio for school closings anymore. I get a text
 message on my phone from WCVB-TV with the closing announcement.  The
 only time I listen to local radio is in the car and it's all WEEI.

 -Ken