so, what is "radio" good for?

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Tue Jul 29 14:33:08 EDT 2008

The last couple of times the power went out the WiFi card on my
battery powered laptop worked just fine.  I could get on the 'net and
get a detailed forecast in just a few clicks.  I even have a trusty
old NOAA radio next to the flashlight just in case that doesn't work.

Obviously podcasts won't help you in an emergency situation, but
other digital technologies can send you alerts when needed.  How is
this any different from television?  If you taped or DVR'd a show and
were playing it back, you wouldn't get the tornado warning then
either...

Dave/Mike