oldies

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Mon Jul 28 16:27:26 EDT 2008

I know a 25 year old who loves all forms of music and has not listened
to a radio station since she moved to Boston a year ago.

Compounding this is people with expendable income in the magic age
demo are also more likely to have an ipod or satellite radio.

I have to admit if I want an oldies fix I tune in XM 6 or 7. They
continue to play songs I haven't heard in decades.

WODS was born because 21 years ago shows by Joe Martelle and Jim Sands
did well but that audience has aged.

However the industry hasn't figured out that the people who still
listen to radio were brought up on RKO MEX BCN whatever. College kids
today do not listen to radio. Meanwhile what is left of the MOR
audience is listening to WJIB.

Has Arbitron released any trial PPM ratings in Boston like they have
done in other markets?