oldies

Maureen Carney m_carney@yahoo.com
Mon Jul 28 13:49:28 EDT 2008

I think one of the biggest problems with the format is that they're looking for an audience (seemingly 25-40) that by it's very nature will reject anything that's oldies. They may think a cut or two is cool, but then they're on to Jam'n or Kiss. Or worse - their Ipods. I'm constantly running into people under 30 who didn't know what the weather would be in the case of an impending storm because they're so dependent on Mp3 and Ipods.
I'm 42, cannot stand disco or hard rock. Anytime I hear KC and the Sunshine Band on Oldies 103.3 I'm outta there. I prefer more of the Lost 45s stuff for my oldies. There are days I feel like a fossil when I listen to the radio.