Oldies

Jack Marshall wvnh@wvnh.net
Mon Jul 28 08:26:39 EDT 2008

> Subject: Oldies
> From: "Bill O'Neill" <billohno@gmail.com>
> Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 21:46:07 -0400
>
> What is "Oldies" today?  And who decides?  I visit the folks in the
> Town-a-Dracut often and last time was listening to Oldies 103.  Have
> they morphed back to more of their former core songs?
> Also, is there a station (format) focusing on the New Wave late-70s to
> mid-80s? Sirius 22 "First Wave" is an example of that - would target the
> demo between say, 35-49.  I hear that demo has some cash.
>
> Bill O'Neill

I haven't listened to Oldies 103 in several years. I was turned off
completely by their limited playlist. I kept hearing the same oldies
over and over, sometimes the same song twice on the same day.

Because of that, a searched for another station that could hold my
interest and found North Shore 104.9 (WBOQ) out of Beverly. I enjoy
Charlie Curtis and put up with Jacky Ankeles only because of the music
that she plays. It's refreshing to hear some songs from the 60's and
70's that didn't necessarily break into the Top 20, things like
follow-up songs and instrumentals.

WNNH was a lot like that until their recent switch to Frank-FM. Too bad.
Now I find them unlistenable, too.

Jack