could I get an opinion?

Don A donald_astelle@yahoo.com
Sun Jul 27 15:29:31 EDT 2008

> So? Does that mean the candidate can't have a private moment to himself?

Should he expect a "private moment by himself" with a fullpress entourage?
Probably not....

If he wanted a private moment, he could have entered a temple/synagogue and
asked that no press follow him.

He could have utterred his prayers alone in his hotel room.  He could have
visited the site before or after a campaign.

Can we face the fact that he was there for political reasons?

I was just imagining what Baracks former pastor would say bout Israel, the
Jews and Baracks visit to the wall.  (I shudder...)

Many (not all) fundie Christians have issues with the Jews.  I would expect
that some Jews look skeptically at Obama for his church affiliation and his
outspoken pastor.  It's easy to see that this was a staged event for
political gain.  (Which, I suppose, if yu agree with his politics is fine!)

Back to the original question.  Did the "rabinical student" take something
that did not belong to him?  Yes, so I think it's unethical.  Did the paper
print something that they should not have had access to (not a matter of
public business or record)?  Then I believe that was unethical too.