Why Talk Radio is largely conservative - (Was: Howie Carr, etc.etc. etc)

Don A donald_astelle@yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 11:47:00 EDT 2008

> Bill O asked -
>> Just so that we keep this to radio, given this civil back-and-forth
>> exchange on a meaty topic that may dig a bit into the political comfort
>> zone, what type of radio talk show would we be _more_ likely to get this
>> discourse -

Just as an aside, I remember listening to Jim Westover when he had a woman
on the line complaining that "all they ever did was talk about bad things on
the radio".....and never have talk shows talk about "nice things".   Jim
Westover said "Well, what kind of "nice things" would you like us to talk
about?"

She responded:  "Oh, I don't know....baskets and things?"

I remember chuckling thinking of a talk show that talked about "baskets"....

<<insert quip by Bill O'Neill....>>

Whenever I've been in focus groups in the past and heard people mentione
they want talk shows that talk about "nice things"...this comes to mind!