Why Talk Radio is largely conservative - (Was: Howie Carr, etc. etc. etc)

Dan Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Tue Jul 22 21:39:24 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Garrett Wollman" <wollman@bimajority.org>
To: "Dan Billings" <billings@suscom-maine.net>
Cc: <boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 8:53 PM
Subject: Re: Why Talk Radio is largely conservative - (Was: Howie Carr, etc.
etc. etc)

> You have some actual evidence here, Dan, or just innuendo?  Do you
> know any actual journalists?

Lots.

In 1994, I managed a campaign for congress.  The Bangor Daily News reporter
who was assigned to my candidate was fair.  She listened to what we had to
say, but her articles did not read like our press releases.  The
"journalist" who covered our opponent wrote stories about the candidate that
he was covering that could have been written by the campaign.  After the
election, he went to work for the candidate that he had covered.

I was legal counsel for the Republican nominee for Governor in Maine in
2006.  One "journalist" was brutal to the Republicans throughout the
campaign.  He is now the Governor's press secretary.