Why Talk Radio is largely conservative - (Was: Howie Carr, etc. etc. etc)

Don A donald_astelle@yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 11:47:54 EDT 2008

> <<On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 01:25:50 -0400, "Don A" <donald_astelle@yahoo.com>
> said:
>
>> But, forget classifying "the media"...it HAS been my experience that most
>> of
>> the reporters I have met have had a personal liberal bent.
>
> However, if they're any good at all, they can tell the difference
> between their empirical fact and their personal opinion.

Are you assuming that most journalists are good?

There is a lot of gray area between empiricle fact and their personal
opinion.

I love the "thank god we're a 2 nespaper town" feature in Boston Magazine.

Recently I saw this headline:

Globe: "Teachers test scores are still low."

Herald: "Teachers test scores see some improvement."

Same story, same facts, same test score.  What's the difference?  The
perspective of the writer.

Another example is when they cover a protest by a Pro-Life group (Mass
Citizens for life, who want to stop abortion, death penaly,
euthanasia)....they are often referred to as "anti-abortion".

The facts can be presented in many ways.