Why Talk Radio is largely conservative - (Was: Howie Carr, etc. etc. etc)

Don A donald_astelle@yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 01:25:50 EDT 2008

> ...survey
> after survey shows it is a MYTH (and a right-wing talking point) that the
> media are liberal.  The media are corporate, and they follow whatever
> stories they think will make them some money.  Can you blame them for
> that?  Yes, there are some left-leaning publications, but to say the
> entire media-- including newspapers-- is liberal is not factual.

I think it depend on how you go about classifying the media/newspapers Left
or Right.

Who's asking the question and how it's asked often leads the answer.

But, forget classifying "the media"...it HAS been my experience that most of
the reporters I have met have had a personal liberal bent.

> and most editorial pages of newspapers have an equal number of
> conservative and liberal opinion columnists

Do you think the Globe has an equal number of conservative and liberal
columnists?

> (Oh and more than 40% of NPR listeners are identifiably Republican, btw.)

Please quote the cource for this.  I don't believe it.