Talk shows: Dan Rea etc.

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Mon Jul 21 14:53:55 EDT 2008

People seem to be overlooking the talk show host and the talk show that
actually DOES appeal to the "best and brightest": Tom Ashbrook and "On
Point" on WBUR.  OK, it's a locally-produced show for national distribution,
Today's (07/21) second hour was a riveting discussion of science and public
policy that covered a multitude of issues from the energy in a given quantity
of gasoline (the fuel in the tanks in the two planes that crashed into
the WTC towers had the same explosive power as the atomic bomb tested by
North Korea) to the effect water vapor contributes to the phenomenon of climate change.
One of the callers gave hints of being on-the-fringe, but Mr. Ashbrook
remained respectful of his callers throughout the hour.  (Since I didn't
call, there were no really manic listeners calling in.)

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses
Get a Free Account at www.mail.com