Howie Carr elected to Radio Hall of Fame

Richard Chonak rac@gabrielmass.com
Mon Jul 21 00:12:12 EDT 2008

On 07/20/2008 07:42 PM, Dan.Strassberg wrote:
> Brudnoy was HIGHLY overrated! Pomposity and absolutely
> indecipherable100-word sentences do not make good radio or good
> anything. That he was widely respected says absolutely nothing good
> about the listeners. Rea may not be perfect but he is a great
> improvement over Brudnoy.

Which Brudnoy do you mean?  The brilliant, personable, witty,
entertaining early Brudnoy of WHDH, or the bitter, impatient, but still
brilliant late Brudnoy of WBZ?

I respect Dan Rea a lot, but haven't listened to him in a long time.
When he started doing talk radio in addition to his TV news reporting, I
thought he held back from expressing much opinion.   Is that still the
same?

--RC