WRCA now transmitting from Newton

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Wed Jul 2 09:10:01 EDT 2008

In case anyone needs any further confirmation that WRCA is now
transmitting from Newton, WRCA's legal IDs have changed from
Waltham-Boston to Watertown-Boston. At 2:00AM today (Wed 7/2), I heard
the Waltham ID followed after about 10 sec by the Watertown ID. Later
in the morning, I heard only the Watertown ID. I did not tune in at
5:15AM to see if I could catch the pattern change, so I don't know
whether WRCA is running its night pattern full time, which would
probably be allowed at 5 kW, or is switching between patterns. (The
night pattern has to be tuned during daytime hours; the day pattern,
if run at night, probably must be run at less than 5 kW.) Whatever
pattern/power WRCA was running, the signal where I live (Arlington,
near the Lexington line), though nowhere near what it used to be from
the much-closer Waltham site, was a lot better than I had expected. At
2:00AM, I could not discern WWRV (the most likely interferer)
underneath WRCA but the WRCA signal was easily readable despite the
obvious (and somewhat annoying) co-channel interference.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367