WNTN in Auburndale

Gary's Ice Cream gary@garysicecream.com
Thu Jan 31 15:53:13 EST 2008

What about "The Grove" and "Spaghettiville".

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Bill O'Neill
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 2:46 PM
To: Eli Polonsky
Cc: boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org
Subject: Re: WNTN in Auburndale

Eli Polonsky wrote:
> The small Newton village of Thompsonville is the uphill area of
> Langley Road which rises south of Newton Centre and ends at Route
> 9 (just west of Chestnut Hill), and all of the streets off of the
> Langley Road hill which are mostly dead ends, "cul de sacs", and
> developments with no outlet besides the entrance from Langley Road.//

And I thought that the City of Lowell was colloquial.  The neighborhoods
in Lowell are how you would describe where you are from, or where you
are lost.  Or where you lost it, etc.  (The Highlands. Christian Hill
(which is a section of) Centralville (pronounced Centerville or
Sennaville).  Old-timers may also call Centralville "Jersey"
(manhattan/Hudson River/NJ reference),  Pawtucketville, Belvediere (to
old-timers.  The newbies, there is Upper Belvediere and Lower
Belvediere. Old-timers from lower Belvediere take exception to the upper
crust trying to be uppity!)  Then there's South Lowell, Downtown, The
Acre, Ayers City, The Flats, and a few I may have missed.

Bill O'Neill
(formerly of Pawtucketville, The Highlands, and Christian Hill)
//