Licensed to non-actual locations

Jim Hall aerie.ma@comcast.net
Thu Jan 31 08:28:55 EST 2008

There is a very short timeline for the Concert Network on
http://www.wncn.org/Ownership___Management.html

Wikipedia claims the programming originated in Boston at WBCN
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAXQ

I think WBCN at the time was at the top of the old John Hancock building
(the weather beacon one).

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Dan.Strassberg
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 7:38 AM
To: A. Joseph Ross
Cc: boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org
Subject: Re: Licensed to non-actual locations

I think there must have been an affiliate in the Hartford area--on
Meriden Mtn where most of the Hartford FMs are. WQXR-FM must have been
a pretty easy catch from Meriden Mtn. Meriden Mtn to Worcester is
another easy hop. And, of course, Asnebumskit Hill in Paxton (where
WTAG-FM was and where its successor, WSRS, still is) to Zion Hill in
Woburn (where WXHR was) is duck soup. At one point, there was an FM in
Hartford named WHCN, which was co-owned with WBCN (the CN part of both
calls stood for Concert Network). I think those two stations used a
direct over-the-air relay from Meriden Mtn to Boston--although I don't
know where WBCN was in those days. Maybe Top of the OLD Pru (which is
much shorter than THE Pru). WHDH-FM (now WJMN) was there until the
(then) new tower for the old WHDH-TV (5) was built Newton. That tower
is now FM-128.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367