WCOP & WBZ

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Thu Jan 31 01:53:45 EST 2008

On 30 Jan 2008 at 7:51, Martin Waters wrote:

>     So, where was the main TV tower that fell in relation to the
> existing tower, that the latter survived the collapse?

Behind the building.  When WBZ was celebrating its 75th anniversary a
few years back, and Scott Fybush was still working there, he was
soliciting memorabilia, and I brought over some pictures which my
aunt took of the truncated tower after Hurricane Carol blew it down.
He showed me around the station, including one corner of the old TV
tower that remains as an anchor for one of the guy-wires holding the
present auxiliary tower.