Licensed to non-actual locations

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Thu Jan 31 01:53:45 EST 2008

On 30 Jan 2008 at 9:11, Dan.Strassberg wrote:

> The 'QXR Network relayed WQXR-FM's classical music programming
> across central and western New York via over-the-air pickup and
> rebroadcast.

Sometime in the late 50s/early 60s, WTAG-FM in Worcester and WXHR in
Boston were also part of the QXR network.  I assume WXHR got the
programming over the air from WTAG-FM.  I don't know how WTAG-FM got
them.

As I recall, WTAG-FM was a QXR affiliate first.  When I got my first
FM radio in December 1958, WXHR was signing on at 4:30 PM.  Sometime
in the next year or so, they joined the QXR network and expanded to a
full broadcast day.