WCOP & WBZ

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Thu Jan 31 01:53:44 EST 2008

On 30 Jan 2008 at 3:00, Paul Hopfgarten wrote:

> Definitely neighborhoods of Boston (Oak Sq was Ward 22 IIRC from when
> I lived there). I would guess the 02134/02135 split is the best way to
> denote the lines between Allston and Brighton.

Since Allston was never a separate town, but was part of the Town of
Brighton, I think it is perfectly correct to call any part of Allston
"Brighton."

Allston is simply eastern Brighton, which acquired its name in 1868,
when a railroad depot and post office were named after the painter
Washington Allston.  See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allston%2C_Boston%2C_Massachusetts