WCAP/980 (was Re: ABC Returns To WCAP)

Paul Anderson paulranderson@charter.net
Wed Jan 30 10:17:14 EST 2008

I've tuned to WCAP for a while the last few days while driving to work.  I'm very impressed.

Compared with a lot of the sloppy board work of a lot of stations (distorted or mismatched volume, various elements being stepped on, etc.) WCAP sounds wonderful!  Everything is well-crafted, including the top-of-the-hour cut to network news, which many stations get wrong.  The pacing is good and the branding is not in-your-face, with the call letters or slogans being repeated ad naseum.

Good job.  Now add Paul Harvey to your ABC lineup!

Paul