WCOP & WBZ

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Wed Jan 30 01:12:24 EST 2008

On 29 Jan 2008 at 16:18, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> 1970s?!  Try 1870s, Joe.  (That always-reliable source of
> authoritative geographic information, Wikipedia, puts it at a
> reassuringly exact Januay, 1874.)

Yeah, typos abound!  I was in my office when I wrote that.  If I had
been at home, I could have checked my handy-dandy reference of
"Historical Data Relating to Counties, Cities, and Towns in
Massachusetts," published by the office of Paul Guzzi, Secretary of
the Commonwealth, in 1975.

It says that the Town of Brighton was incorporated on 24 February
1807 from part of Cambridge and annexed another part of Cambridge on
27 January 1816.  The legislation annexing Brighton to Boston was
enacted on 21 May 1873, accepted by both Brighton and Boston on 27
October 1873, and took effect 5 January 1874.