WCAP/980 (was Re: ABC Returns To WCAP)

Peter Q. George radiojunkie3@yahoo.com
Sun Jan 27 22:53:24 EST 2008

--- Mark Watson <markwats@comcast.net> wrote:

>   This past Tuesday, WCAP (980 Lowell) once again
> became an ABC Radio
> affiliate, after several years with the USA Network.
>
>   Also, WCAP's new website  www.980wcap.com
> recently went live, along with
> live streaming 24/7 of WCAP's programming.
>

> Mark Watson

I think Clark is doing a great job in continuing the
56+ year old tradition of WCAP.  This is one station
that launched many a career in radio, for over 56
years.  No doubt, the station is in competent hands.
If you look at the list of some of the people who are
part of today's WCAP, it's literally a "who's who in
Boston radio".  I've listened to 980 on my way home
from work (from Manchester, NH).  I love the music.
The execution of the format is really good.  Did I
actually hear some liners from Dick Summer (ex WBZ,
WNBC and WPIX-FM et.al.)?  It's good to know that 'CAP
is streaming.  I'll bookmark it, for sure!  All the
best to Clark and crew at WCAP.

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)