Glenn Geffner is gone

John Francini francini@mac.com
Tue Jan 22 09:16:12 EST 2008

> They may be, but I don't find the screaming enjoyable.
>
> Maybe I'm a snob, but I'd love to see an NPR-style sports network.
> Probably never would succeed, though.

Ye gods, no!  Sports radio lives or dies on the (perceived or real)
*emotional investment* of the hosts and callers on the subjects in
question. Unlike things in Real Life which should be discussed in a
calm, dispassionate, and perhaps even scientific manner, sports are
an inherently emotional endeavor, therefore the discussion about them
will *also* be an inherently emotional endeavor.  There have been
other attempts made at (relatively) dispassionate sports talk in this
market -- they generally sink without a trace.

I know I for one wouldn't listen to an NPR-style sports network.  Not
for one minute.  While WEEI is as locked in as a station can be on a
radio.

john