that horrible BEEP

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Sat Jan 19 02:53:11 EST 2008

The long running public radio show Whad Ya Know has a feature every week called Town of the
Week, in which they pay tribute to various spots on the map...after announcer Jim Packard
reads a bit of information about the town, they call up a resident there who talks
about what life is like in that locality. They are given a prize for their trouble. Someone must have
told the show's producers about that FCC rule, because one week I heard host Mike Feldman
say, "Right now we're calling someone in (town) and we're getting their permission for
them to talk on the air. We've been told we have to do that."