Glenn Geffner is gone

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Fri Jan 18 15:15:27 EST 2008

At 01:28 PM 1/18/2008, Sean Smyth wrote:

>(As an aside, I heard Ordway on The Big Show yesterday with just Steve
>DeOssie -- apparently Butch Stearns didn't show up until later in the
>show. It's amazing how good he can be when he isn't trying to
>out-scream a Fred Smerlas type.)

I may be in the minority here, but I thought Castiglione and Trupiano
made a great team.  Okay fine, they didn't make the world forget Curt
Gowdy (or Vin Scully or Mel Allen for that matter), but they sounded
good together.  Geffner's leaving doesn't ruin my life at all.  As
for the Big Show, am I correct in thinking that it has consistently
maintained some of the highest ratings in sports/talk of any station
in the format, or is that just Entercom publicity that makes such a claim?