91.3 pirate in Quincy?

Roger Kirk rogerkirk@ttlc.net
Mon Jan 14 19:33:43 EST 2008

A. Joseph Ross wrote:
> A propos, I read a story last week in the Globe about the new rules
> for teenage drivers.  the kids think the hefty fines and losses of
> license or learner's permit are draconian, but it's getting their
> attention.  They're actually starting to observe speed limits and
> obey the traffic laws, and the teen driving fatalities have dropped.

Kids raised/schooled in an environment where incorrect spelling isn't
corrected, games aren't scored (to avoid making anyone feel bad) and
grade compression places almost every student on the honor roll would,
most likely, consider any rule or restriction draconian.

However, I am glad it's getting their attention.  Maybe it'll save some
lives.