Is WCRB up for sale?

Doug Drown revdoug1@verizon.net
Fri Jan 11 14:33:23 EST 2008

I'm in Mass. for a couple of days and having been listening to WCRB, which not only has been touting its upcoming 60th anniversary but which, in offering itself as an advertising medium, refers to itself as a world-renowned radio station. (I wouldn't argue that historically it's at least nationally renowned.)

I wouldn't think references like this would be made if Nassau were seriously considering selling.  -Doug

From: Laurence Glavin <lglavin@mail.com>
Date: 2008/01/10 Thu PM 12:20:44 CST
To: Laurence Glavin <lglavin@mail.com>, Scott Fybush <scott@fybush.com>,
	Ric Werme <ewerme@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Is WCRB up for sale?

Clea Simon's column ran in the Thursday Globe and contained much the same information
as the radio-info.com news item by Tom Taylor (didn't he play Captain Marvel in the movies?).
That puts the information before the general public (it appeared in the Globe's 'Style & Arts'
section), or at least those who read stories about the radio IN - DUSS-  TREEEE!
(Sorry, a "Firesign Theater" flashback).

--
Are we headed for a recession? Read more on the Money Portal
Mail.com Money - http://www.mail.com/Money.aspx?cat=money