Clear Channel Yanks Rush In New Orleans

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Thu Feb 28 23:54:19 EST 2008

At 11:43 PM 2/28/2008, Kevin Vahey wrote:
>I listen to Ed with XM at Noon
>
>I believe the only station in New England that clears him is WHMP in
>Northampton-Greenfield and that is on delay.

One of life's mysteries.  Among the excuses GMs usually give for not
airing progressive talk is that it's not profitable.  Ed turns a
profit and has some very reputable national accounts.  Then GMs say
they wouldn't air it because it got no numbers.  Ed beats Hannity,
O'Reilly and even Limbaugh in certain markets, and Talkers magazine
(a rightie publication) put him in the top 10 for the past 2 years --
last year, he was given an award as one of the 5 most influential
talkers in America.  Given that he's left on many issues, and right
on a few, he can attract both Republicans and Democrats.  Plus he is
a long-time radio person with experience in the talk
format.  Wouldn't you think somebody in Boston or Providence would
clear him?  He could do a heck of a lot more than the format on
Rhumba, that's for sure...