Clear Channel Yanks Rush In New Orleans

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Thu Feb 28 18:01:05 EST 2008

Limbaugh is being moved to Clear Channel news-talker WRNO-FM.  WWL-AM
also simulcasts on an FM frequency most of the time, which was an
arrangement set up after Katrina.  However,  Rush only ran on the AM
while local hosts were on the FM.  Premiere may have yanked Rush to
get him on FM.
WRNO is a full market signal and fans will easily find his program.
The same cannot be said for the situation here in Boston.  Even at
full juice, WKOX will not have nearly as good of a signal as WRKO.  I
can't see Premiere putting him on an inferior stick in a top 10
market, even if it is a CC station.   Jumping ship to WTKK I could
see happening, but not to WKOX.

-Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"