Music Till Dawn on WEEI

Ron Bello RBello@BelloAssoc.com
Tue Feb 26 16:27:29 EST 2008

All talk shows at WBZ had at least 1 union technician in the 70s.
Both Calling All Sports and Jerry Williams were done in a large studio
(with room for guests) had a technician and producer in the adjacent
control room.  Delay via magnetic tape on an Ampex with head positions
reversed was in adjacent control room.  There was also a technician in
master control.  About the only time he did anything during this 6 hour
block was during the news.  Larry Glick used the same studio as the jocks
for daytime music shows.  His producer and delay were in master control.
The only thing Glick ran were his sound effects.