observation about WEEI

John Francini francini@mac.com
Tue Feb 26 13:13:49 EST 2008

Most every car on the road has a clock in it these days.

And temperature/weather updates would break up the 'flow' of the
discussions. They don't always hew to their hourly 'clock' very well.
Imagine how it would be if there was also time/temp/traffic breaks.
Frankly, I like it just as it is.  And I'm thankful that the Big
Show, in particular, is chronically late to end -- since I often
don't get to my car until about 17:55, I stand a good chance of
hearing the bulk of the Whiner Line (my favorite segment) because
Glenn is perennially late.

If I want the traffic, I just punch the next preset (for WBZ) on a
Three, listen to the traffic, and then pop right back. For the
weather, I go to WBZ on a Ten, listen, and go back.  Fortunately, WBZ
is reasonably reliable, though they do tend to be sometimes as much
as a minute late with the traffic or weather. Might be on purpose to
ensure that at least one minute of ads is heard.

john