Why I listen to satellite radio

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 21:35:33 EST 2008

SteveOrdinetz wrote:
> I don't follow the logic here.  You say you've migrated to satellite
> radio because terrestrial isn't local-sounding enough.  Isn't that
> like saying you've switched from McDonald's to Burger King because you
> don't like fatty food?
It's like this -- I prefer terrestrial stations. When I find one that
has a strong local programming presence (music or talk) I listen.
Intently. When I find one that is pretty much automated, there's a
chance that I will head up to the bird to see what's there.  80% of my
listening is in the car in Vermont so there tends to be lots of hopping
around the dial out of necessity.  Gotta go.  That Quarter Pounder is
calling. <g>

Bill O'Neill