Why I listen to satellite radio

kvahey@comcast.net kvahey@comcast.net
Mon Feb 25 19:28:17 EST 2008

Funny thing is you would think Entercom would want more local shows on
RKO given the success shown by EEI down the hall.

I do recall one time listeners rioted when a station pulled a local
show in favor of syndicated. Remember WBZ's disaster with Tom Snyder?

Syndicated talk was slow to take hold. Mutual tried it with Long John
around 1977 and he was so bad they were down to 28 stations. Then in
desperation they tried a guy from WIOD in Miami...Larry King. That
started the nightime explosion of satellite talk. Then Rush proved it
could work in the day as well. Radio has been a sewer ever since.

XM audio doesn't bother me except for the compression on the traffic channel.