Music Till Dawn on WEEI

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Sun Feb 24 17:26:12 EST 2008

>>I realize this is somewhat off topic.....but do NOT begrudge the level of
education 75-100 years ago. I was shown an 8th grade test from 1895 that I
believe most undergrads today would fail. An 8th grade education in the 20's
is actually quite equivalent to a bachelors' degree today.<<

No disagreement with that, but I think Donna's point was that many people never got that far.  In a still very much agrarian society, children often left school earlier than we would have, because they were needed at home.  Education became much more important after the Industrial Revolution.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
WAAF/WEEI/WEEI-FM/WKAF/WMKK/WRKO/WVEI/WVEI-FM
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Brighton MA  02135-2040
P: 617-779-5369
F: 617-779-5379