Subject: Voice-over Flubs

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sat Feb 23 15:20:11 EST 2008

>Kevin wrote--
>
>Then in 1967 WRKO became popular at night in Montreal as the Top 40
>station there CFOX had a hideous nighttime signal that could not make
>it into downtown.

Speaking of hideous, WMEX's night time signal-- we used to joke that
WMEX was #1 in trees and beaver, since you could get it in Nova
Scotia but not in some parts of Boston.

On the other hand, when I was on the air in 1973 at little WCAS in
Cambridge (250 wonderful watts, I believe), the signal would skip to
all sorts of places, like Provincetown.  I used to get fan mail from there.