Subject: Voice-over Flubs

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sat Feb 23 15:04:12 EST 2008

At 02:36 PM 2/23/2008, Dan.Strassberg wrote:
>The French on 1510 was CJRS Sherbrooke QC about 200 miles due north of
>Boston. ..[snip] Many listeners may not have
>realized it because WWKB and WTOP did so much damage to WMEX.

Ah yes, it was WKBW back then and I used to love to listen to it.  I
the mid 60s, my favourite WBZ jock, Jefferson Kaye, got fired and he
landed at KB.  Moving up the dial, WBAL in Baltimore (or Ball-mer, as
they seemed to say) was another signal that came in here very well
late, and it really boomed in.