Voice-over Flubs

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Fri Feb 22 13:51:20 EST 2008

At 09:21 AM 2/22/2008, Brian Vita wrote:
>Todd Glickman wrote:
>>This isn't strictly Boston radio-related, but since we've all
>>flubbed on-air (well, at least I have -- such as the "mixture of
>>slouds and clun"), I thought I'd relate the story.
>Well, there was the day that I was thinking about new music and
>smooth jazz.  I announced that there would be more smooth Jews after
>the break....

And this isn't exactly a flub but I found it amusing.  The other
night, I was flipping back and forth between CNN and MSNBC watching
the Wisconsin election results.  On CNN, Obama was giving a speach
when suddenly I heard crosstalk.  My husband paused it and played it
back and I understood it immediately-- it was two guys in the CNN
newsroom chatting, not realising their mike was open:  "Did you hear
about John King?"  "Yeah, he's becoming Jewish."  True-- their
Washington correspondent John King is marrying fellow correspondent
Dana Bash and King is converting, but hey, I certainly doubt he'd
wanna be the topic of conversation during an Obama speech!  Rule
number one-- any mike could be a live mike!