A birthday to celebrate

kvahey@comcast.net kvahey@comcast.net
Wed Feb 20 08:38:37 EST 2008

Pardo became the senior booth announcer at NBC when Johnny Olson fled
to Los Angeles in the 70's to keep working. One other voice from that
era is stil active as Johnny Gilbert continues to work on Jeopardy.
Gilbert also relocated to LA the same time Olson did.

Gilbert actually hosted The Price Is Right at NBC for a short period
when Bill Cullen became ill.