XM repeater locations?

Jeff Lehmann jjlehmann@comcast.net
Tue Feb 19 16:45:41 EST 2008

> Does anyone have an idea on how many repeaters XM is using in the Boston
> area?
>
> I am curious because terrestial service seems poor in Boston compared
> to the Chicago market. I use one of the portable units and I have
> noticed it is very hard to get a good signal in the Back Bay and
> Cambridge at times . However I get a very strong land signal in the
> Chelmsford area.
>
> Also as a general rule what is the expected coverage area of each
> repeater?

There's a map of the XM repeater locations in the Boston area in this forum,
you may have to copy and paste the whole URL to get it to work:

http://www.xm411.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=24016&postdays=0&postorder=asc&st
art=15&sid=98baf64b330e1b419f04dfa5a22bf54f

I'm not sure how accurate it is, or how well they cover. I can sometimes get
1 bar of signal from a repeater here in Hanson.

Jeff Lehmann
Hanson, MA